30 fact about Harry Potter
Harry potter, Every one know and love Harry Potter stories. But you must know the fact that any one never know it. Potter head must know about it. Let's check it out.
1. Dumbledore is an Old English word for “bumblebee.” Rowling said she chose the name because she pictured Dumbledore humming to himself.
2. Sirius Black and Fred Weasley, two tricksters from different generations, both died laughing.
3. The original names of the characters before Rowling changed: Hermione Puckle, Neville Puff, Draco Spinks, Lily Moon (Luna Lovegood), Madhari Patil, and Mati Patil.
4. Harry’s birthday is July 31, 1980. Rowling’s birthday is July 31, 1966.
5. Dementors are based off J.K. Rowling’s time of depression in her twenties.
6. Draco Malfoy almost attended Durmstrang Institute, but his mother didn’t want him to be so far away from home.
7. There are 700 fouls in Quidditch.
8. Ron Weasley’s character originally swore a lot, but Rowling’s publisher wouldn’t let her use that sort of language because it would’ve been inappropriate for young readers.
9. Only Alan Rickman, the actor who played Professor Snape, knew his character’s fate before the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” because Rowling told him.
10. Cho Chang married a Muggle.
11. Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint both admit to having a crush on Emma Watson in earlier films.
12. During the filming of the kissing scene between the horcrux versions of Harry and Hermione in the final film, Rupert Grint was removed from the set for laughing too much.
13. One of the flying cars used in “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” was stolen off the set. It was discovered seven months later when an anonymous caller informed police of its whereabouts.
14. The third smell Hermione recognizes in the Amortentia potion is Ron’s hair.
15. Tom Felton auditioned for the roles of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, but was chosen to play Draco Malfoy instead.
16. Robbie Coltrane, the actor who played Hagrid in the films, has gotten a mini-fan and a fruit bat stuck in his famous, shaggy beard.
17. M.O. McGonagall is listed on one of the Quidditch trophies in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Could Professor McGonagall have been a renowned Quidditch player back in the day? It would certainly explain her enthusiasm for the sport.
18. The first Harry Potter book was published in 1998, the same year the final Battle of Hogwarts was fought. Rowling has said, "I open at the close"
19. Before taking the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts, Quirrell was the Muggle Studies teacher.
20. Rowling has previously stated the Harry Potter books might not have come to fruition if her mother hadn’t died. “The books are what they are because she died … because I loved her and she died.”
21. The first five years Rowling spent on Harry Potter were spent determining rules about what her characters could and could not do
22. When Fred and George Weasley bewitched snowballs to hit Professor Quirrel’s turban, they were unwittingly hitting Voldemort in the face.
23. Rowling has said that if Voldemort saw a boggart it would embody his own corpse, since death was always his greatest fear
24. If Dumbledore had a Muggle song playing at his funeral, Rowling said it would be “My Way” by Frank Sinatra.
25. The Vanishing Cabinet makes its first appearance in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
26. Firenze the Centaur was eventually welcomed back to his herd.
27. Platform 7 1/2 is the Orient Express.
28. Remus was killed by Antonin Dolohov and Tonks was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange.
29. Herpo the Foul was the first person to create a Horcrux and the first person to breed a Basilisk.
30. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all got their own Chocolate Frog cards.